Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Sacrifice (St. Padre Pio / St. Mother Teresa of Kolkata)

The most beautiful act of faith 
is the one made in darkness,
in sacrifice, and with extreme effort.

 --St. Padre Pio

    A sacrifice, to be real, must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves. Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in his love than in your weakness. 

--St. Mother Teresa of Kolkata 

Image source: Luis de Morales, Ecce Homo (1560-1570), https://www.museodelprado.es/en/the-collection/art-work/ecce-homo/14b075b3-5205-42fb-9a9c-0ac3302704e2?searchid=f91274dd-5155-eb59-bd75-1232d8de812a
Quotation source 1
Quotation source 2

1 comment:

  1. The Darkness

    To discover how You did feel
    As You hung dying on the cross
    My goal. Your answer was to heal
    My neighbor, the many, each with great loss.

    Your Voice so clear to me
    Like the wooing of a suitor.
    I plunged into humanity’s sea
    Expecting You always, as my tutor.

    What unfolded was The Darkness
    For You, my Love, I thought forsook me.
    It seemed to grow with every Kindness
    I bestowed in longing for Thee.

    I asked to learn how You did feel . . .
    You said to love my neighbor.
    To those in need, my love was real
    My cross I bore for You as I did labor.

    So long it seems from when Your Voice I heard.
    The Darkness, now so oppressive and alone.
    I cried to Thee, I longed to hear Your Word
    For my cause of Your Silence, I would forever atone.

    I asked to learn how You did feel . . .
    You heard my call, with Your Answer I was blessed.
    To love my neighbor, with a sip of water, a needed meal
    Always You loved me, in The Darkness, until my day of final rest.
    * * * * *
    The above written in September 2007 seemed to fit so I thought to pass it along.
    Respectfully,
    John Wallace

    ReplyDelete