Sunday, June 30, 2024

She reached past her fears (Nadia Bolz-Weber)

   So she reached with everything she had–she reached past her fears – she reached past her limitations– she reached past the dirty looks– she reached past 4,383 days of isolation and disappointment and despair – she reached past the hateful things said to her by those who were supposed to help her, she reached past her past. Our sister reached for her own healing and her own dignity and her own wholeness and said if I but touch his clothes I will be made well. 

   That is to say, if I but touch his clothes I will be made me. 

   I will be made me again and not what everyone has labeled me. 

   And immediately her bleeding stopped; and she felt in her body that she was healed by the power of Jesus of Nazareth. 

   Everyone else may have called her impure, unclean, and unholy… but he called her daughter. In that one word, Jesus tells her who she really is. A beloved child of God. 

--Nadia Bolz-Weber 

Image source & complete (and amazing!!) article: https://thecorners.substack.com/p/reaching-past-your-past

No comments:

Post a Comment