Wednesday, February 24, 2021

I run to the Father (Cody Carnes)


I’ve carried a burden 
For too long on my own 
I wasn’t created 
To bear it alone 
I hear Your invitation 
To let it all go 
Yeah, I see it now 
I’m laying it down 
And I know that I need You 
 
I run to the Father 
I fall into grace 
I’m done with the hiding 
No reason to wait 
My heart needs a surgeon 
My soul needs a friend 
So I’ll run to the Father 
Again and again 
And again and again 
Oh, oh, oh 
 
You saw my condition 
Had a plan from the start 
Your Son for redemption 
The price for my heart 
And I don’t have a context 
For that kind of love 
I don’t understand 
I can’t comprehend 
All I know is I need You 
 
Refrain

To hear Run to the Father by Cody Carnes, click on the video below:



Image source: http://thefaithpal.blogspot.com/2010/03/prodigal-son-and-forgiving-father.html

No comments:

Post a Comment