Monday, January 17, 2022

If Jesus can change water into wine (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

  When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds of despair, and when our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. 

   Our fears which seek to control us when change is imminent, they need to be overcome. Times, they are a-changin’. If Jesus can change water into wine, what else can he change? Can he change hardened hearts? Can he change closed minds? Can he change how and why we live? Can he change hate? Can he change the world around us so that it will suit our needs, or will he change us so we can change the world? 

   I have to ask myself, what changes need to occur in my life so that I can be more like Jesus? Do I need to broaden the circle of who I will love, and who I will let love me? Do I need to give more and take less? Do I need to see my neighbor in more and more people, or less and less? 

--Martin Luther King, Jr. 

Image source: John August Swanson, Wedding Feast, https://johnaugustswanson.com/default.cfm/PID=1.2.9-12.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment