Saturday, May 15, 2021

Holy Mother, where are you? (Eric Clapton / Luciano Pavarotti)


Holy Mother, where are you?
Tonight, I feel broken in two
I’ve seen the stars fall from the sky
Holy Mother, can’t keep from crying
Oh, I need your help this time
Get me through this lonely night
Tell me, please, which way to turn
To find my self again

Holy Mother, hear my prayer
Somehow, I know you’re still there
Send me, please, some peace of mind
Take away this pain
I can’t wait, I can’t wait
I can’t wait any longer
I can’t wait, I can’t wait
I can’t wait for you

Holy Mother, hear my cry
I’ve cursed your name a thousand times
I’ve felt the anger running through my soul
All I need is a hand to hold
Oh, I feel the end has come
No longer my legs will run
You know I would rather be
In your arms tonight
When my hands no longer play
My voice is still, I fade away,
Holy Mother, then I’ll be
Lying in, safe within your arms

To hear Eric Clapton perform this song with Luciano Pavarotti, click on the video below. To read the story behind Clapton’s composition of this song, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, click here.



Image source: Jen Norton, The Fourth Station: Jesus meets his Mother, 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/667841380/fourth-station-jesus-meets-his-mother (available for purchase)
Video source

No comments:

Post a Comment