Wednesday, May 3, 2023

I will fear nothing (Padre Pio)

   Live a quiet life, my dearest daughter. Cast out of your imagination whatever could dismay you, and tell Our Lord often, 'Oh God, you are my God, and I trust in you; you will help me and be my refuge; I will fear nothing.' Not only are you with him, but you are in him and he is in you. What can a child in the arms of such a Father fear? Be like a little child, my most beloved child. Children do not ever think about their future, because they have someone else to think about it for them. They are fearless only when they are with their father. Do the same thing here, my dearest child, and be at peace. 

--Padre Pio 

Image source: Sadao Watanabe, The Good Shepherd (1968), https://scriptum.com/artwork/19475-the-good-shepherd?artistsid=1505 
Quotation source

No comments:

Post a Comment