Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Do I live as a witness of Jesus? (Pope Francis)

   The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward” (Mt 10:41). Each one of us, brothers and sisters, is a prophet. In fact, with Baptism, all of us received the gift of the prophetic mission. A prophet is a living sign who points God out to others. A prophet is a reflection of Christ’s light on the path of the brothers and sisters. And so, we can ask ourselves: Do I, -- each one of us – Do I, who am “a prophet by election” through Baptism, do I speak, and above all, do I live as a witness of Jesus? Do I bring a little bit of his light into the life of another person? Do I evaluate myself on this? I ask myself: What is my bearing witness like, what is my prophecy like? 

--Pope Francis, July 4, 2023 

Image source: https://catholicwomeninbusiness.com/articles/2022/1/14/navigating-the-catholic-faith-in-a-secular-workplace
Quotation source

No comments:

Post a Comment