At the end of the day,
I’d rather be excluded for those I include,
than included for those I exclude.
I’d rather be excluded for those I include,
than included for those I exclude.
--Rev. Eston Williams
God’s great freedom in giving himself to us represents a challenge and an exhortation to modify our behaviours and our relationships. It is the invitation which Jesus addresses to us today. He calls us not to think according to the categories of ‘friend/enemy’, ‘us/them’, ‘those who are in/those who are out’, ‘mine/yours’, but rather to go beyond, to open our heart in order to be able to recognize God’s presence and action, even in unusual and unpredictable environments that are not part of our circle.
--Pope Francis
Image source: Look carefully at the “tiles” of this mosaic. Each is a picture of a member of a larger group – a very diverse group! https://www.christchurch-southgate.org/home/inclusive-church/
Quotation source 1
Quotation source 2
Quotation source 1
Quotation source 2

No comments:
Post a Comment