Monday, October 29, 2012

He Healed the Darkness


David Haas’ song He Healed the Darkness (available on his albums Give Me Jesus and Glory Day) captures the joy of the blind beggar Bartimaeus, whose faith brings him healing and a new path.  To hear this song, click here, then click on the “play” arrow.

He healed the darkness of my mind
the day he gave my sight to me;
It was not sin that made me blind ;
It was no sinner made me see.
Let others call my faith a lie,
or try to stir up doubt in me;
Look at me now! None can deny
I once was blind but now I see
Ask me not how!
But I know who has opened up new worlds to me;
This Jesus does
what none can do
I once was blind but now I see


Photo credit:  Eustache Le Sueur (1617-1655), Jésus guérissant l'aveugle de Jéricho, Berlin, Staatliche Schlösser und Gärten, Château de Potsdam-Sans Souci
Song credit (Myspace)

No comments:

Post a Comment