Monday, September 15, 2014

Do you wear a cross?

Do you wear a cross?  Why or why not?

As we pondered this weekend the profound symbolism of the Cross of Christ, a sign of the ultimate humiliation yet also the consummate sign of Jesus's victory over death, I began to wonder.  Looking around me, I often notice the people who wear a sign of their Christian faith -- although here in Marin County, that can be a rather unusual thing to do.  I have noticed the glances of secular co-workers focused on the cross I sometimes wear on my wrist -- surprise? appreciation?  suspicion?  And I remember that there are governments in other countries who try to ban crosses and other religious symbols in the workplace.

And so I began to wonder:  who chooses to wear a cross, and why?  Or why not?   We'd love to hear from you:  please share your thoughts (here or on Facebook)!

No comments:

Post a Comment