Monday, February 1, 2016

Love Never Fails (David Haas)

           If I speak with the tongues of the earth, 
        If the angels fill my mouth, 
        Yet do not have love, 
        I am but a sound. 
        If I prophesy and understand all things, 
        If mountains shake by my faith, 
        Without love I am nothing at all. 
            
           Love is patient; love is kind; 
        Love rejoices in the truth. 
        It bears all things, believes all things. 
        It hopes all things, endures all things. 
        Love never fails. 
                    
           If I give away everything I own, 
        Give my body to be burned, 
        Yet do not have love, 
        I gain nothing more. 
        Prophecies will cease; 
        Tongues will be silent. 
        Knowledge will be no more; 
        The partial will pass away. 
                   
           Refrain
                      
           When I was a child,
        I talked, thought, and lived like a child.
        But now that I have grown,
        I have put these things aside.
        My knowledge is imperfect now,
        Then I'll know as I am known:
        That faith, hope and love remain,
        And the greatest of these is love.
                   
           Refrain

To hear David Haas perform this song, click on the video below:
You can purchase this song on 
David Haas's Echo of Faith CD by clicking here.

Image source
Video source

No comments:

Post a Comment