Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Faith in the power of prayer (James Corden)

   Have you ever felt the power of the prayers other people have offered on your behalf?  Such petitions can be life-changing, especially when they come from those you love...  

   Many of you will recognize James Corden, the current host of The Late Late Show with James Corden and creator of many hilarious Carpool Karaoke videos with guests like Stevie Wonder, Carrie Underwood, and even (just this week!) FLOTUS Michelle Obama.  Corden seems to have everything going for him… but this was not always the case.  In 2012, Corden told the story of the importance of prayer in his life at a time when he was despondent, a time when his parents’ visit – and faith in the power of God – changed his life:

   I started to cry. Just as you do when your dad hugs you and you are 30.  My mum came over and joined us and we sat there.  My dad said, I’m going to say a prayer for you.  It will be all right, but you can’t carry on like this and only you can decide what happens know. 

  Corden then said, Every tear that left my eyes made me feel a little lighter.  Dad said a prayer as he kissed my forehead, and Mum came over and joined the hug.  I’ve no idea how long we stayed there, but it felt like a lifetime.  When they left later on, Dad turned to me and said, You’ve so much to be thankful for, James.

   His parents’ prayers were the catalyst for a new existence for James Corden.  You can read the full story of this life-changing moment by clicking here.

Image source
Video 1
Video 2
Article source

No comments:

Post a Comment