Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Come Follow Me (Brother Isaiah)


The foxes have their dens, yeah
And the birds have their nests
But the Son of Man, yeah, yeah
Has nowhere to lay his head

Still he said:
Come follow me, come follow me,
Come follow me my child

Poco a poco vamos a llegar
Somos peregrinos
And you know that’s who we are
We make our way
Little by little we learn a little more each day
That God is love
That life is short
That all will be well
And I know that all will be well in His time

Refrain

So, I pick up my tent and I’ll follow you
I’ve got my guitar in my hand
But I ain’t singing the blues
No, you make me smile
How you make me smile
So, I struggle along with all my cares and my troubles
It seems you never leave
And always help me when I struggle
It’s a wonder how you love me so
And I love it how you let me know

Refrain

Well, here’s the thing
I want to let you lead
But now I’m struggling, see
I got my cares, I got my worries and I got my needs
So, I think you’ve got the wrong guy
I thank you, good Lord, but I politely decline

But then you come, come to me
Speaking so softly but speaking to me

I will carry you, carry you child
I will carry you, carry you child
I will take care of you
And I’ll be there for you
I’ll never leave you
And I’ll always bear your cares for you

Then lead on, kindly Light,
And let your Love be my sight
Through this wilderness abide
Where we’re all just passing by
Cause with you by my side
Why need I fear, why need I hide?
I only need to sing
So take my prayer, and let it rise.
Lead me on, my shepherd king,
Lead me on, my everything,
Lead me on, o kindly light,
Lead on and let me sing!

Refrain

To hear Brother Isaiah perform Come Follow Me, click on the video below. To purchase his CD, Poco a poco, click here.


Image source:  Raphael, The Miraculous Draught of Fishes (1515-1516),  
https://www.artbible.info/art/large/120.html
For another, very different image of this event, see Corita Kent, miraculous draught of fishes (1956), Collection UCLA Grunwald Center for the Graphic Arts, Hammer Museum.  Corita Kent Bequest.  https://hammer.ucla.edu/collections/grunwald-center-collection/corita-kent/art/miraculous-draught-of-fishes/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment