Thursday, April 18, 2019

Gethsemane (Steve Byrne)


Father, hear my prayer
In my distress I call to you
All the light has turned to shadow
In the sight of a dream
I see hatred, I see shame
I hear the crowds shout my name
Why, o Father, do I feel pain?
Why, o God, do I see death?
All my life I’ve lived for you
When you called me, I’ve obeyed
Now I feel my day is near
I call to you
God, why must I die?

All around me I feel cold
For I know what must be done
It’s the will, not mine but Yours
And Your will – it must be done
If this cannot pass me by
Then I’ll taste the bitter wine
May your name be glorified
I am ready
Take me now

Father, hear my prayer
In my distress, I call to you
May your name be glorified
I am ready
Take me now

To hear Steve Byrne perform Gethsemane, click on the video below.


Image source:  James Jacques Tissot, My Soul is Sorrowful unto Death (Mon âme est triste jusqu’à la mort) (1884-1896), http://www.joyfulheart.com/stations-of-the-cross/scriptural1.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment