Friday, August 11, 2023

A still small voice (Brother Isaiah)


In the silence, I find sobriety
In quiet, there is a clarity
Yes, in stillness, I find simplicity
I find your heart, your love, your peace
There, I find your heart, your love, your peace
I find your heart, your love, your peace 

In the storm of my heart, in the night of my soul
There is a still small voice that calls me to surrender
As you whisper words of peace
And you call me to be still 
I hear you say it:  Child, let go,
Come, let me love you so 

Refrain 

I hear you say, Be still
Yes, I hear you say, Be still,
 In the midst of the storm within you
I hear you say,
Be still, child, I hear you say,
Be still I hear you say,
Be still and know that I am with you
I hear you say Be still
For the storms arise and you may lose sight
I hear you say, Be still I hear you say, Be still, child,
I hear you say, Be still I hear you say,
Be still and know that I AM GOD 

Refrain 

In the quiet of my heart 
There is a still small voice 
In the quiet of my heart, 
I find you there 
In the quiet of my soul, Lord, 
Yes, I know, Lord 
You will never leave me 
Love that remains there, 
In the quiet of my heart, Lord 
Your stillness I can see, Lord 
In the love that never leaves, Lord 
Yes, in the quiet, in the silence 
In the quiet, you’re my sobriety 
In the quiet, in the silence, in the stillness 
You’re my sobriety 

To hear Brother (now Father!) Isaiah perform Sobriety from his recent CD Shade, click on the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment