Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Will you shine? (Cyndi Lauper)

God asks us to allow his light to shine through us.
Will we push him away? 

    Shine I'll stand by you 
    Don't try and push me away
   'Cause I'm just gonna stay
   You can shine I won't deny you
   And don't be afraid it'll all be ok 

   Do you know my name
   Well I ain't gonna take
   That big time line
   Won't be beat by a lie
   Gonna call out to these embers
   Waiting to ignite
   Gonna pull you up
   By your love, by your love
   And tell you 

   Shine I'll stand by you... 

   I can see the frown you wear
   All around like some faded crown
   Like a watch over wound
   Gonna call down to this diamond
   Buried underground
   Gonna pull you up
   By your love, by your love
   And tell you
   When it's said and done
   What you need will come
   And time won't let me
   Let you let me waste it this time 

   Shine... 

To hear Cyndi Lauper sing Shine, click on the video below: 

Image source: Peter walks on water, The Chosen, Season 3, Episode 8, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ba5vqOE-s
Video source

No comments:

Post a Comment