Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Even the clover is made of hearts (Kayleen Asbo)


Our days are fleeting,
And soon we shall be dust,
But I want to be the kind of person
Who leaves behind in the ashes
Seeds of hope and love
That might sprout in the years to come. 

So while daylight is here,
And while I still have any struggling breath within me,
Let me give myself again and again to beauty
Over and over opening my eyes
To bow at what is right here before me. 

Let me make a wreath of roses
To crown a passing stranger in friendship.
And if there are no roses,
Let me extend my hand with dandelions,
So that we might make a wish together for a
World of peace.
And if there are no dandelions to be found,
May I remember that
Even the clover is made of hearts
And can become a doorway to hope
If only I have the presence to pay attention and give thanks. 

--Kayleen Asbo, Ash Wednesday

This year Ash Wednesday falls on Valentine's Day!
May it be a doorway to hope for you and yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment