Monday, January 28, 2013

Yours Today

As we continue to ponder this past Sunday's readings and reflect on what it means to be the Body of Christ in the world, consider the lyrics of Rory Cooney's powerful song, "Yours Today" (from his Change Our Hearts CD):


Let your people rejoice:
You are risen from death.
Now we are your voice,
Your hands, and your breath.
Not for you the tomb,
Not for you death’s decay,
Risen Lord, we are yours,
We are yours, yours today.

You shall be my hands.
You shall be my feet.
You must feed my lambs,
Pasture my sheep.
You are light to the world,
Form to the clay,
And you must be rising with me,
Dying and rising with me,
You are my flesh and blood today.

You can listen to a clip of the song (or purchase the mp3) here.


Photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment