Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Sweet Forgiveness (Bonnie Raitt)


 Yeah, well… 
When will I learn to take you on my journey 
When will I see, yeah, that you belong to me 
When will I learn to take you on my journey 
When will I see, yeah, that you belong to me? 
  
Sweet forgiveness 
How could you go, my babe, 
I never really knew that I needed you 
But you were right there 
Understand me, yeah 
Honey, you set my sails 
When will I learn to take you with me everywhere 
When will I learn
(Sweet forgiveness) 
Sweeter than honey 
Give me that sweet forgiveness 
Sweeter than wine 
  
Hey… 
Did you ever get lost in a bundle of nerves 
Did you ever get lost in a jungle of your own words 
You hurt another, hurt a brother, 
You hurt a sister or a lover 
And then you go right 
Then you got to just sit back and wait for the cure 

Refrain

To hear Bonnie Raitt perform this song, click on the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment