Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Take your wounds to the Eucharist (Fr. Ron Rolheiser)


  Take your wounds to the Eucharist.  Every time you go to a Eucharist, stand by an altar, and receive communion, bring your helplessness and paralysis to God, asking God to touch your body, your heart, your memory, your bitterness, your lack of self-confidence, your self-absorption, your weaknesses, your impotence.

  Bring your aching body and heart to God.  Express your helplessness in simple, humble words:  Touch me.  Take my wounds.  Take my paranoia.  Make me whole.  Give me forgiveness.  Warm my heart.  Give me the strength that I cannot give myself.

--Fr. Ron Rolheiser, O.M.I.
Facebook, June 27, 2018

Image source:  Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Beata Beatrix (1864-1870), Tate, London,
https://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/rossetti-beata-beatrix-n01279
(See this website for more information on the painting as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment