Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Prodigal Me (Shane Barnard)


What have I done to get me here?
Unraveled and undone
 I need my father
What have I done? 
I’ve followed my feet to nowhere
Now I’m here!
As I ran, I can run no more
Prodigal me.

The mountains to the west
I hear them laugh at me
They know I’m scared to cross
and leave this life I lead
Oh my pride!
I give you up a barter for my freedom
What will they think as I come stumbling
down to join their lives?

I need to cross this mountain and find my way home
I seek no greater fortune
Rescue me
Oh unmerciful divide, be merciful tonight
Show me the other side
Prodigal me

The mountains to the east, they’ve swallowed my beloved
This house completely incomplete, where is my mortar?
Where did he go?  He followed his feet to nowhere
Please come home!
You’ve done me no wrong
Each evening I look down that road
I hope and wait for you
and my servants, they look down that road
We watch and pray for you

Master, master, who’s that man stumbling down that road?
Could it be the one?  could it be?  could it be?
Master, master, it’s Your son
coming home to join our lives

I’m looking down this mountain
I see my way home
There is no greater fortune, I believe!
Oh, unmerciful divine, you laugh at me no more
Oh, I’ve reached the other side!
Prodigal me

Could I be the one?  could I be? could I be?
Father, Father, we’re Your sons
coming home to join Your life
We’ve finally crossed this mountain,
and found our way home
There is no greater fortune than Jesus
Oh, how merciful is our God who gave His only Son!
Oh, we worship You tonight!

To hear Shane Barnard perform Prodigal Me, click on the video below:



Image source: Geliy Korzhev, The Prodigal Son, https://orthochristian.com/101137.html

No comments:

Post a Comment