Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Who is my servant? (Rory Cooney)


Who is my servant – where is she?
My light to the nations – where is he?
In prison and palace my gospel who told
And living my gospel became

This is my servant 
Whom I shall uphold
His name is
Christ
Is her name

Who answers to slander with silence
And vengeance returns not for violence
Who shouts to the darkness in people grown cold
A word that shall set them aflame

Refrain

Who sing of my love in their living
Whose days are a prayer of thanksgiving
Who seek not the glamour of glory and gold
For I am their fortune and fame

Refrain

Who stand in the storm like a beacon
With the hope for the ravaged and weakened
Whose presence is healing for young and for old
To friend and to stranger the same

Refrain

Who, choosing a way I will show them,
Will trust that I care for my chosen
Where is the spouse who is faithful to one
And thus, to the children proclaim

This my beloved,
My daughter, my son
His name is
Christ
Is her name!

To hear Rory Cooney perform Servant Song, click on the video below.  To purchase this song, click here.


Image source: Georges Rouault, Head of Christ, Cleveland Museum of Art, 1937, https://theohioexpressionist.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/head-of-christ/

1 comment:

  1. I love this song. Thank you for posting! Thank you for ALL that you do for the benefit of Others!

    ReplyDelete