Sunday, March 22, 2020

Light will flow from your hollowing (Christin Lore Weber)



Some of you I will hollow out.
I will make you a cave.
I will carve you so deep the stars will shine in your darkness.
You will be a bowl.
You will be the cup in the rock collecting rain.
I will hollow you out with knives.
I will not do this to make you clean.
I will not do this to make you pure.
You are clean already.
You are pure already.



I will do this because the world needs the hollowness of you.
I will do this for the space that you will be.
I will do this because you must be large.
A passage.
People will find their way through you.
A bowl.
People will eat from you
and their hunger will not weaken them to death.
A cup to catch the sacred rain.

My daughter, do not cry.
Do not be afraid.
Nothing you need will be lost.
I am shaping you.
I am making you ready.
Light will flow from your hollowing.
You will be filled with light.
Your bones will shine.
The round open center of you will be radiant.
I will call you Brilliant One.
I will call you Daughter Who is Wide.
I will call you transformed.

--Christin Lore Weber,
Prayer – Mother Wisdom Speaks
in Circle of Mysteries: The Women’s Rosary Book

Image source:  Eternal Woman, sandstone sculpture, Indonesia, https://www.novica.com/p/handcrafted-indonesian-stone-sculpture/115601/

No comments:

Post a Comment