Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The Lord is my shepherd (Marty Haugen)


The Lord is my shepherd, my shield and my stronghold,
Defending me soundly, redeeming my shame
He will answer my call ‘til the fall of the mountains and cities
He’s true to his name

Alleluia, Alleluia
The Lord is my shepherd and ever the same
Alleluia, Alleluia
The Lord is my shepherd, he’s true to his name

If I walk in the valley of darkness,
The shadow of death then no fear will I have
You are there
With your staff and your rod
Oh my God, give me comfort,
Comfort as always you have

Refrain

Surely goodness and kindness will always pursue me
My table is full now, my cup overflows
While my head is anointed, the time is appointed,
Forever I live in the house of my Lord

To hear this joy-filled rendition of The Lord is My Shepherd performed by composer Marty Haugen in concert with David Haas and Michael Joncas, click on the video below:


Image source:  Henry Ossawa Tanner, The Good Shepherd, ca. 1914,

No comments:

Post a Comment