Tuesday, May 26, 2020

We complete one another (David Haas)


     It is, at least for me, difficult to understand and embrace fully Christ’s teaching to be one with the poor.  But I think it comes down to this:  Poverty is to radically accept that we are all called to depend totally on the gift of God’s love. This distinctive care and concern for one another communicate how beautifully we need one another, that we celebrate the goodness in one another, in their unique gifts and wisdom.  Such poverty announces loudly that if I do not have you in my life – with all that you bring with your life – I cannot totally be me; I cannot be free.  We complete one another. If we cling to ourselves only and the things that are attached to ourselves, we fail at our ability to embrace the blessings of poverty.  We need to work at forgetting ourselves – so that we can let the other person into our heart.
--David Haas, Reflection
Facebook, March 7, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment