Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Touch me (Fr. Ron Rolheiser)


   For all of us who are wounded, take those wounds to the Eucharist. Every time you stand by an altar and receive communion, bring your helplessness and paralysis to God. Ask God to touch your body, your heart, your memory, your bitterness, your lack of self-confidence, your self-absorption, your weaknesses, your impotence. Bring your aching body and heart to God. Express your helplessness in simple, humble words: Touch me. Take my wounds. Take my paranoia. Make me whole. Give me forgiveness. Warm my heart. Give me the strength that I cannot give myself. 

--Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI
Facebook, October 8, 2021

Image source: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/filmchat/2020/07/the-chosen-season-one-episode-six.html

No comments:

Post a Comment