Tuesday, October 11, 2022

What are the wounded places within me? (Maria Anne McGuire)


         And so I ask myself: What are the wounded places within me that keep me separated from God’s touch? Where are my festering, infected spots? Am I willing to bring what I need healed to God? Are you? The invitation before us today is to open ourselves to God and recognize our need. Open ourselves to the one who sees us, hears us, and longs to touch and connect with us. 

   And when this happens, it changes something inside us. God’s touch opens us to see with new eyes--to see and hear those around us who feel separated--those who long to be seen, heard and touched. When we see and hear the need of those around us, we take on the mind of Christ. And the mind of Christ says this, I am yours and you are mine- imperfect, yes- but highly valued and beloved. 

--Maria Anne McGuire 

Image source: José Gutierrez Solana, The Outcasts, https://www.dia.org/art/collection/object/outcasts-61847
Quotation source

No comments:

Post a Comment