Tuesday, October 1, 2013

To prove my love


I do not have any other means to prove my love to you, but to throw flowers, that is to let no little sacrifice, no look, no word pass, to take advantage of all the littlest of things and to do them out of love... Hence, I pluck every flower I find on my way, for Jesus. And then as I strew my flowers before Him I desire to sing, although I have had to pluck them among thorns. And the sharper and longer the thorns, the sweeter is my song.

Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.
--St. Thérèse de Lisieux

(Have you ever seen this statue in OLMC?  
If not, perhaps it's time to look a bit more carefully, 
or to send your children on a quest around our lovely church to find her...)

Today, October 1, is the Feast of St. Thérèse de Lisieux, the "Little Flower."

No comments:

Post a Comment