Thursday, November 26, 2015

Help me to remember... (A Prayer for Thanksgiving)

          O God, when I have food, 
       help me to remember the hungry. 
       When I have work, 
       help me to remember the jobless. 
       When I have a comfortable home, 
       help me to remember those who suffer 
       from the cold or from the heat. 
       When I am without pain, 
       help me to remember those who suffer. 
       In all this remembering, 
       help me to destroy my own complacency 
       and bestir my compassion. 
       Make me concerned enough to help 
       by word, deed, and prayer, 
       those who cry out for what I so often take for granted. 

(A mealtime blessing offered during a gathering of New England Catholic superintendants and principals, and posted by Fr. James Martin on Facebook, July 24, 2012.)

Have a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving 
from Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church,
Mill Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment