Thursday, March 24, 2016

Do you know what I have done to you? (David Haas)


                 Do you know what I have done to you? 
             You who call me your Teacher and your Lord, 
             If I have washed your feet, 
             So you must do as I have done for you. 
                            
             What I am doing now you do not know, 
             But after a time has gone by, you will understand… 
             Refrain 
                        
             Don’t you understand what I must do? 
             If you would be mine, then I must bend to wash your feet… 
             Refrain 
                        
             I have given to you an example;  
             What I have done for you, you must do for one another… 
             Refrain 

Join us at 7:30pm tonight for the Mass of the Lord's Supper!

To listen to David Haas & company sing this beautiful hymn, 
click on the video below:
To purchase this song, click here.

Image source:  Jesus Washing Peter's Feet, Ford Madox Brown
(For Carolyn Pirtle's insightful analysis of this painting, click here.)

Video source
Song source

No comments:

Post a Comment