Monday, March 28, 2016

I rise to new life... (Sr. Joan Chittister)


  To say, I believe in Jesus Christ… who rose from the dead is to say… [that] I myself am ready to be transformed.  Once the Christ-life rises in me, I rise to new life as well…  Until we find ourselves with new hearts, more penetrating insights, fewer compulsions, less need for the transient, greater awareness of the spiritual pulse of life, resurrection has not really happened for us.  Jesus has risen but we have not.  Resurrection is about transfiguration.  Life as we once knew it, defined it, shaped it – if we really believe in the Risen Christ – rises redefined.  Transformation in any of us calls the rest of us to transformation.  Change changes everybody.  Relationships shift.  Expectations alter.  Insight deepens.  We begin to see as we have never seen before…

--Sr. Joan Chittister, In Search of Belief
Image source (time-lapse photography
--click on the link to view it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment