Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I abandon myself into your hands (Br. Charles de Foucauld)


               Father, I abandon myself into your hands;
               Do with me what you will. 
               Whatever you may do, I thank you;
               I am ready for all, I accept all. 
               Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.
               I wish no more than this, O Lord.
               Into your hands I commend my soul;
               I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
               for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
               to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
               and with boundless confidence,
               for you are my Father.
               Amen.
--Charles de Foucauld                                

Image source:  John William Waterhouse, The Annunciation (1914), 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Annunciation.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment