Friday, June 23, 2017

Aloha from OLMC's new DRE, Danny O'Regan!


    Aloha – Not a common welcome from an Irishman, I know, but having spent the last eight years in Hawaii, I am very happy to be back in the Bay Area where (apart from this week) the weather is a little cooler and to my liking!  I am so very excited and happy to be here at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church.  It feels like such a blessing, and I have already met so many warm, king and welcoming parishioners.  Fr. Pat has truly made me feel at home, and I can’t wait to get started. 

   My journey in Ministry has taken me from Corby in the United Kingdom, to Daly City (Our Lady of Mercy with Fr. William Brown), to the University of San Diego the University of Hawaii, Chaminade University, and back to San Francisco and Mill Valley.  It’s been quite a journey, yet in every step of the way, God truly has led me.  I have been fortunate to work in campus ministry and the last two years as Director of Faith Formation in Hawaii.  I hope to bring my creativity and passion for ministry to Our Lady of Mount Carmel as we continue to keep bringing the gospel alive and to enrich the next generation.

   I look forward to getting to know this community, and that we continue to grow together in faith.

   Peace.
   Danny O’Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment