Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The mystery of God's grace (Jeff Hardin)


   I can be driving down the road, and all of a sudden I’m overcome with emotion.  I wake up first thing in the morning, and it’s as through I’m already weeping, or have been in my sleep.  As you say, there is freedom – there really is – in living within time, and within all that means, part of which is the knowledge of its passing and our own place within it.  The grief is deep, but praise is what we were made for, and I step into it with all that I am.  I hold you up before God and say, Thank you!  I can’t believe our paths ever crossed, but here we are, within this space of time, sharing it as we have for two decades.  This fact can only be another part of the mystery of God’s grace.
--Jeff Hardin, A Gift for Adoration:  
Celebrating the Life and Words of the Poet Wilmer Mills
(Wilmer Mills died in 2011 at the age of 41.)


During the month of November, we remember All Souls...

No comments:

Post a Comment