Wednesday, April 4, 2018

You rolled away the stone (Keith Green)


  Like a foolish dreamer, trying to build a highway to the sky 
All my hopes would come tumbling down, and I never knew just why 
Until today, when you pulled away the clouds 
that hung like curtains on my eyes 
Well, I’ve been blind all these wasted years 
and I thought I was so wise  
But then you took me by surprise 
   
Like waking up from the longest dream, how real it seemed 
Until your love broke through 
I’ve been lost in a fantasy that blinded me 
Until your love broke through 

All my life I’ve been searching for that crazy missing part 
And with one touch, you just rolled away the stone that held my heart 
And now I see that the answer was as easy, as just asking you in 
And I am so sure I could never doubt your gentle touch again 
It’s like the power of the wind 

Refrain

To hear Keith Green perform Your Love Broke Through, click on the video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment