Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Love doesn't die (Merrit Malloy)

  When I die 
Give what’s left of me away 
To children 
And old men that wait to die. 
And if you need to cry, 
Cry for your brother 
Walking the street beside you. 
And when you need me,   
Put your arms   
Around anyone 
And give them   
What you need to give me. 
                                   
I want to leave you something, 
Something better   
Than words   
Or sounds. 
                                   
Look for me  
In the people I’ve known 
Or loved, 
And if you cannot give me away, 
At least let me live in your eyes   
And not on your mind. 
                                    
You can love me most   
By letting  
Hands touch hands, 
By letting 
Bodies touch bodies 
And by letting go 
Of children   
That need to be free. 
                                   
Love doesn’t die, 
People do. 
So, when all that’s left of me 
Is love, 
Give me away. 
--Merrit Malloy                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment