Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Ready to Fly (Elaine, Lambert & Karl)

  I am standing on the edge of the water 
And I am watching the wild birds fill the sky 
And I am longing to be lifted up among them 
I am not dying – I’m getting ready to fly 
                        
I am an old man, and these old hands tell my story 
Fifty years on the Boston piers took their toll 
And faded faces smile from the places I cannot return to 
And my days are gone, and they take me home 
                                                
Refrain 
                       
I was a young wife, with my whole life still before me 
It was the last year of last Great War 
My darling Edward never returned from Normandy 
But soon I will see Edward once more 
                       
Refrain 
                       
My memory is fading like an ember 
While I remember a promise I once made 
I said, Dear Father, I’ll be faithful forever 
And as He draws me, He can hear me pray… 

To hear E.L.K. (now Big Wide Grin) perform Ready to Fly
click on the video below:

To purchase this song/album, go to cdbaby.com or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment